12 April 2013

Oh Marie and the Fellowship of the Travelling vintage items

Have you heard about the Fellowship of the travelling vintage items? No? I'm sure you've heard about Oh Marie magazine... a free digital magazine that's all about gorgeous photography, DIY's and a touch of vintage.   And if you haven't, go check it out quickly right here. And did I mention it's bilingual? English and Dutch!



Well, during the launch of this magazine in 2012 all guests received a thrifted, vintage item.  All they had to do is to give it a temporary home, post pictures on their blog, instagram or wherever and pass it on to someone else. So several items have been travelling around ever since as the Fellowship of the Travelling vintage items. Doesn't it sound like a fairytale?

I was intrigued by it all and thought it was such a brilliant idea. I started following the items and tried to open up my doors to at least one item. I wasn't the only one and the fellowship was (and still is) immensely popular. It took me a while to get lucky and started feeling a bit pathetic even, trying to become a member of the Fellowship. Anyway, eventually one of the items, a set of wooden pawns, was on its way to me... But you'll never guess what happened next. They got lost! Unbelievable! What on earth was going on? Finally I got lucky and then they just disappear.... It's kind of romantic though. These pawns were homeless to start with, ended up in lots of different loving homes and then chose to be free again. Who knows where they are now. They're travelling the world on their own accord. And I do hope they will find a definite place to stay at one point.

deniesdenies 

But I was back at square one again. And for some reason I just couldn't let it go. But this time it didn't take to long... Mouseblossom was the guest owner of a cute cross-stitched bird and she picked me! This little birdie should be on its way to my place very soon... fingers crossed it's not planning to fly away!

Mouseblossom

2 comments:

  1. Wat een bizar verhaal; kwijt geraakte pionnen!
    ik hoop dat je met dit geborduurde vogeltje ' all the luck of the world ' hebt.
    Kleurrijke groet,
    Denise B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het is heel bizar... en waar ze gebleven zijn? Wie weet komen ze ooit nog een keer aan. Laten we hopen dat de postbode dit vogeltje veilig komt brengen! We zullen het vandaag (hopelijk) weten.

    ReplyDelete