25 August 2013

Lowlands Festival adventure

Lowlands festival has been and gone.... Weeks, no months of hard work have gone into it and then after 3 long days its gone, just like that. But boy, what a weekend it was!

It's been a rollercoaster ride. Ssshht, don't tell anyone, but I was actually really quite nervous. I worked hard to get lots of new products out and I had never done a market before in my life. And ofcourse I had no clue what would be succesful and what wouldn't. So there it was, a stall with all of my passion and heart right on it and just hoping that people would like it enough to buy it.




It didn't start so well. The Friday wasn't successful at all. Lots of people looking, not so much buying. On top of that loads of rain ( and yes, humidity and paper goods together are a disaster!) so to me it was a lost day. But sometime on Saturday it turned around. The sun came out and people started buying.

People's responses were amazing. It was my first experience with real life customers and someone said 'Everything on your stall makes me so happy!' ( yay!) Some other people said it reminded them of Sissy Boy and Paperchase ( Wow, I couldn't ask for more, I love them both) and many people's faces just lit up and smiled. It was great to see all these positive reactions and gave me the confirmation I really am going in the right direction.


There were some other highlights too: we had our own postman. Yes, Lowlands even had their own post office! Postman Pieter had a mobile postbox and he stopped by us a few times to pick up cards written by Lowlanders on our stall. It was a lovely service that we could offer our customers. Oh, and  up and coming music star Jake Bugg signed one of our notebooks. And a member of Dutch rap band 'De jeugd van tegenwoordig' wore one if our necklaces! So cool!



All of this hadn't been possible without my friend  A. She helped throughout the weekend and even though she could've gone out partying, she didn't. She stood by me and together we came up with things to improve our stall and sales. And for that I will always be grateful ( more than she will ever know) So A., you are the best!

Will I go again next year? Hmmm, on Friday I was convinced I wouldn't but now I'm not so sure... All in all it was a long weekend ( with very short nights) but  I came home in such a positive buzz. I'll let you know next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment